And so it begins

 The Back Story

    I have been boating for quite awhile. I started with my Grandfather when he lived in South Florida when I was a kid and on my own for for about 35 years. I have had everything from a jonboat to a 32' twin diesel sportfisherman. I earned my Captain's License in 2004 and worked part time for Tow Boat US here in Crystal River, alot of lessons learned there to be sure.

    For years my wife and I have talked about doing the Great Loop. We started discussing it when our kids were smaller & even contemplated doing the trip and homeschooling them. We just couldn't make it happen at the time. Now our youngest is a senior in high school and our plan is to get her through her first semester of college and take off on the "trip of a lifetime". Our goal is February 2022 to start the 10 month trip. Much to do to make it happen.

    So Tuesday June 16, 2020 we travel to Gasparilla Marina in Placida Florida, launch our new (to us) boat for the trip back to Crystal River and to our dock!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

The "REAL" Journey Begins

Erie Canal - Part 1